Cabot/belgard judgement threat

Cossie39

I owe tesco mobile 1k. I have been getting calls and letters from cabot and belgard. I did not engage in any shape or form . I received a letter this morning stating they would take a reduced payment on the balance, to avoid further legal action. If i dont do anything, they will instruct their solicitors to obtain a judgement mortage against my property that can affect me if i wish to sell the property or remortage. Can they do this? They also said they will send a sheriff to claim goods to make up for the debt.
Can all of this be done?? I know i have to pay the debt. But if all possible i wont engage with these debt collectors. All advice greatly appreciated. I have their number blocked on my phone.

It is gone past the stage of you getting to decide who you’d like to engage with, especially since you do not seemed to have engaged at all. Either accept the offer or plan for the worst case - the Sheriff (Dublin & Cork) or the Country Registrar on your doorstep. Your case will be just one of a job lot processed by the solicitors.

It's just another in the long line of letters they send out.
No sheriff is calling without a court order.
Do you have a property that could have a judgement placed upon it?

Yes i am a homeowner. But since i havent engaged with them, i havent disclosed any information

Tesco have sold or given the debt to them. So they have my address. They tried calling me and have sent out letters

Back