Cabot and avant

Rubybelle

Hi, I had a credit card with mbna, ran into difficulties paying in 2011, 2012 I made arrangements with them to pay a certain amount every month. It was sold to avant, then to Cabot. I have kept up payments the last 3 years. Issue I have is last September I asked avant to send me a statement to tell me how much I owed, they did and it was €645, three months later I got a letter from Cabot to say they had take over account and there was €1350 owed. They have sent me a breakdown off statement but will only say that avant sold it to them at €1350 and it must have been a typo. Any advice on where I go with them from here? Cheers

Hi, I had a credit card with mbna, ran into difficulties paying in 2011, 2012 I made arrangements with them to pay a certain amount every month. It was sold to avant, then to Cabot. I have kept up payments the last 3 years. Issue I have is last September I asked avant to send me a statement to tell me how much I owed, they did and it was €645, three months later I got a letter from Cabot to say they had take over account and there was €1350 owed. They have sent me a breakdown off statement but will only say that avant sold it to them at €1350 and it must have been a typo. Any advice on where I go with them from here? Cheers
When debts are onward sold ,in this case to Cabot, all penal charges seem to be loaded on?
Advise. write to Cabot (do not make phone calls) keep a copy and advise you will continue to repay Avant debt ie, the 645 ONLY.
Ask them to confirm in writing that this is OK,
Do NOT get drawn into phone calls or extended letter writing.
For 645, Cabot or Avant will not pursue and in spite of any huffing and puffing both will be content with your 645.

When debts are onward sold ,in this case to Cabot, all penal charges seem to be loaded on?
Advise. write to Cabot (do not make phone calls) keep a copy and advise you will continue to repay Avant debt ie, the 645 ONLY.
Ask them to confirm in writing that this is OK,
Do NOT get drawn into phone calls or extended letter writing.
For 645, Cabot or Avant will not pursue and in spite of any huffing and puffing both will be content with your 645.
Thanks so much for both replys. Will post off letter tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks again

Back