BVP Green funds

RobFer

Hi,

Just looking for advice for a family member strongly considering the 8th Green EII Fund by BVP Investments Limited. I have been steering them towards some blue chips but they seem interested in this fund due to an adviser. My concern is, that compared to some blue chips it is very hard to get information on the performance of their past funds. They have a target performance of 15% per annum which seems exceptionally high unless I am missing something.

Have they got past funds?

If this is the 8th fund, where are funds 1 to 7?

The guys behind the company seem good, but it's not clear to me that they have any background in what I could consider retail investment.

n 2014 BVP have launched The 8th BVP Green EII Fund. The fund provides eligible investors with the opportunity to avail of up to 40.8% income tax relief and provides the investor access to a portfolio of cleantech companies and renewable energy projects. Our philosophy is to work hard with each investment to deliver valuable support for the company promoters and build shareholder value for our investors.
BVP has also successfully raised and invested the two BVP Wind Bonds. The BVP Wind Bonds gives pension investors the opportunity to access the lucrative Northern Irish wind market.

The board of BVP are Elliott Griffin, Conor Toolan, David Gavagan (non-executive) and Thomas Byrne (non-executive).

I thought that the Employment and Incentive Scheme was a pretty rubbishy when I last looked at it. But that was a while ago. http://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/employment-and-investment-incentive-scheme.169887/

Brendan

Thanks. I don't see anything on their track record in past funds. It doesn't raise my confidence.

Back