Buying when vendor is separated

bubbasmama

I don't know if anyone can help but as this our third time to be sale agreed this year I am hoping someone can help.

We paid our booking deposit 2 weeks ago and were awaiting the contract and our bank had redone our loan agreement (again) . The EA rang this evening to say the vendor is seperated from her husband and her solicitor has to check that the house can be sold by the vendor. The vendor has told the EA that it wont be a problem as is was orginally her parents house.
The EA was not aware of this and the vendor has said she will know by Friday. I suppose what I an asking is this possible ? I would have thought a seperation meant these things were complicated and more time consuming.

It's quite possible that the vendor is legally seperated and in the past has drawn up documentation to cover exactly this eventuality which would mean there would be no delay. But it is also possible that she is not and has not...you will have to wait and see.

Vanilla, thank you we will have to wait and see, but begining to think we are not meant to FTB's .............

Back