Buying US Dollars

Just to highlight the difference I bought 500 dollars 2 weeks ago from BOI
for just 329.79 HAPPY DAYS!

Hi,
Going to US soon.
Is it better to buy dollars (cash) here, or to bring euro to US and change them to dollars over there?
Has anyone compared the exchange rates here and in US?
(We went to Switzerland recently and realized that buying franks over there as oppose to buying them in Ireland on the same day would have saved us 7,5 euro per each hundred).

similarly, whats the best way of buying sterling right now?

(thanks)

I need dollars for mid march, would it be a good idea to purchase today before Obama takes over as President. I presume that he will have a positive outlook for America, thus making the dollar stronger.

I did'nt know until last friday that I was going to be travelling to the states.

I need dollars for mid march, would it be a good idea to purchase today before Obama takes over as President. I presume that he will have a positive outlook for America, thus making the dollar stronger.

I too am travelling to the States shorty and was wondering the same thing this morning - doesn't look very hopeful for getting a reply before banks close to-day.:(

I decided to go with my gut feeling.... $1500 cost me €1151.37 a few minuites ago

good for you NHG

perhaps I should take the plunge and buy some dollars now. Would you have an answer to irash's question ie. bring some dollars and then convert euros to dollars when there. Thanks. oh and btw. enjoy your trip.:)

We are only going for 4 days at st patricks weekend so we don't want the hassle of having to change euro's etc, we will have our cr card's (2 cards one a/c which I will lodge money to before we travel) if we need any more (which I hope we will have some left over not run short)

I am one of these people who like to deal in cash only - it makes me think twice before buying.

Enjoy your trip also.

Back