Buying TV From The North Or British Website ?

whiz

Hi Guys,

If you buy a TV from the North or a British website ( e.g. Amazon.co.uk), can you get the TV to come with FreeSAT and Saorview already installed in it ?

Any responses appreciated

I've just bought a TV from Amazon but won't have it until next week.
Smart, 4k with Freeview which means it will take Saorview also according to the Guru's on Boards.ie who reviewed it.

Note that not all TVs sold in the UK will support Saorview. You will get TVs with satellite tuners built-in, and provided you have a suitable feed from a dish, the auto-install process will automatically tune in the available channels.

Any Freeview HD set should receive Saorview, and this should nowadays include all sets other than smaller ones. However, the simplest plan is to check that the set is approved for Saorview also, even if you buy it from the UK. A set with both Freeview HD and Freesat HD tuner should work.

Any Freeview HD set should receive Saorview,

Good point, it's the Freeview HD piece that is vital there, as the non-HD Freeview service uses the older MPEG2 codec. So be aware of the terminology and don't assume a HD TV that is Freeview compatible will support Freeview HD.

My TV arrived quicker than expected from Amazon.
Power cord was missing and the HDR feature advertised for the set won't engage. Emailed them and they said I could return it or take a 20% discount. I took the discount.

Smart TVs are fiddly. Its hard to get the right colour/sound set up on them.
I don't have 4k channels coming in but the 4k content on Youtube that I viewed is amazing on the screen. It's like being there!

So a 4k 43" Smart TV for a final price of £250 stg. I'll take that!

Smart TVs are fiddly. Its hard to get the right colour/sound set up on them.

A lot of that will depend on the quality of the set itself. Some of the better ones will include tools that will allow you calibrate to your viewing environment, but there are a few decent guides tools available, try THX's here.

Back