Buying SKY+ box on ebay

gebbel

Thinking of doing the above. Have currently a normal box. Rang Sky, however, and they say it cannot be just plugged in. They say a qualified technician is required to install it and match the viewing card to the new box. Anyone know if this is true or can I just "plug 'n go"?
Thanks

Hiya,

Afraid it's not as simple as that. You'll need a sky+ subscription for the sky+ box. Have you asked sky about upgrading your box f.o.c. They may consider it if you've been a customer long enough and of course you'll get the 12 month warranty with a new box from them.

HTH

You also need to change the LNB on the end of the minidish with a Quad LNB (4 outputs) and run a second feed from dish to where your standard Skybox is. Sky+ requires 2 feeds from dish, so you can record one thing while watching another.

They charged me (an existing subscriber) €69 plus installation for the Sky+ box when I asked about upgrading. A Sky+ subscription does not cost any extra these days AFAIK, but it might depend on your package - I have the family pack.

Sky + subscription is free when you take any programme package, otherwise it's €15 a month.

Sky are sending promo packs to all customers who haven't already "introduced a friend". There seems to be a variety of offers, but the most common is a free Sky+ box for the new & existing customers, but you have to pay €45 for installation.

If no-one here offers is looking for a promo code, you'll almost certainly get a taker on the satellite tv section of boards.ie.

Back