Buying Rabbit Meat - Kildare?

Snap

Inspired by last night's Economy Gastronomy I'd like to cook rabbit. I believe it's lean, quite cheap and sure why not...

Would anybody know anywhere in Kildare that might supply it?

Ask around to see if any of your friends or neighbours are members of gun clubs, they will have an abundance of rabbits that the members normally give away. Or join a gun club, and hunt your own.

sabre

i ate rabbit for years in England,most butchers over there sell em,i have yet to see a butcher selling em here,i always wonder why.

Haven't a clue where you'd get it, but I have eaten it abroad & it was LOVELY!!

Hubby ordered it (very strange as the only meat he eats is chicken & mince a few times a year....to keep up his iron level!!). One of the kids had a taste (thinking it was chicken) & he reckoned it was the best chicken ever. So we all tucked in for a taste & it was lovely.

Let me know if you find some....plus a reciepe as I didn't see the show.

Yea rabbit is a lovely meat, you can buy it easily in the english market in cork, apart from that i have never seen it for sale.

I know Tina's Pet Store in Naas has a wide and varied selection. (At good prices too).

Rabbit Meat

James Whelan butcher sells online Eu11.99 a kilo but Eu 10.00 for posting rather expensive. .

Hard to believe and a mystery why its not sold in butchers.

Not much good to you in Kildare but for those in North Co Dublin, JCs sells it in Swords - Doesnt he sell everything!!!

Funnily enough just saw it in a butchers in Limerick at the weekend. Ask a local butchers does anyone sell it. They mightn't have it on show.

I saw some very nice rabbit in Fallon and Byrne, Dublin last week.

I ate wild rabbit as a child and loved it.

The last time I ate it was in the Barbetta restaurant (of Mad Men fame) 2012 NY and it was absolutley devine.

Marion

Back