Buying 'off the plans'

kelly123

I'm interested in buying a new house which is part of an estate of houses being built at the moment. agent says thee are loads of houses available. The one I'm interested in is priced at 360k off the plans. Is the offer process the same when buying a new house? What do you think would be a reasonable offer? I really want the house but want to get it at the right price too. I'm new to this so any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers

The offer process would be the same (make an offer to the agent) but it's possible the developer might be set on the prices quoted.

In any case, buying off the plans comes with huge risks, as many people found out during the past few years, so I would definitely approach this with extreme caution. The fact that the agent is saying there's loads of houses available doesn't inspire confidence.

any advice greatly appreciated.

Then I hope you're listening, based on what you've posted do not buy off plan.

And if you really really want to, then please come on here after you've done at least a bit of research and know the pitfalls and can ask sensible questions.

I am not going to list the litany of examples of bad construction in houses I've seen that were bought off plan.

You see that nice glossy brochure you've been given of the perfect house, bin it.

Back