Buying mid-price men's clothing in Dublin.

Great result pingin. Having two pairs of trousers with one jacket is always a good idea, the trousers will wear out faster than the jacket in any suit.
A suggestion, after you wear the suit, hang it up in the bathroom while you are having a shower. It's much better for the fabric than dry cleaning. If you have, or know someone with a garment steamer all the better.

Who knows, this could be the start of a daring new wardrobe.

And Debenhams normally have a rail or two of clothes greatly reduced in price. I have picked up the odd shirt or trousers pretty cheaply. Just make sure you need it and it fits, not just that it is cheap.

A good tip there. Yes, I was surprised by Debenhams, because I'd always thought of them as being very expensive. As for a new wardrobe, the young woman in the shop even said I looked 'dapper'! I've been called many things before but never dapper. I must say it's a nice feeling to dress up in new clothes. I had let things go over the last few years.

Haven't been dressed by a woman in a long long time, well done pingin and bet all your boyhood dreams have come true. Good when posters come back and tell us how they got on, always a help for someone

Haven't been dressed by a woman in a long long time, well done pingin and bet all your boyhood dreams have come true. Good when posters come back and tell us how they got on, always a help for someone

Thanks noproblem. Yes, I think the women have the edge when it comes to choosing suitable clothes. Boyhood dreams indeed! Now, if I could meet a suitable woman...but that's a different problem altogether!

There are establishments that could suffice your requirements in that area of masculinity as well but maybe not on AAM.

I got a shirt, jacket, two pairs of trousers (even though I went in for one pair!), a belt and a pair of shoes for €244
Maybe I'm way off here but i would have thought the breakdown of this would be max 2 x €35 for trousers, €60/70 jacket, €10 belt and reduced shoes of about €50 = €200 but I'm no dapper dan

Thanks noproblem. Yes, I think the women have the edge when it comes to choosing suitable clothes. Boyhood dreams indeed! Now, if I could meet a suitable woman...but that's a different problem altogether!
Delighted for you. Sounds like a great service. You'd think the personal shopping service would mean spend more.

Enjoy the day. And wear the clothes. Don't be keeping them for occasions.

Maybe I'm way off here but i would have thought the breakdown of this would be max 2 x €35 for trousers, €60/70 jacket, €10 belt and reduced shoes of about €50 = €200 but I'm no dapper dan
Around €222. I liked the trousers so much that I bought two pairs!

Delighted for you. Sounds like a great service. You'd think the personal shopping service would mean spend more.

Enjoy the day. And wear the clothes. Don't be keeping them for occasions.
I was very surprised by the person shopping service. Not sure how much time they'd spend with you if you were really choosy. I've left the old wardrobe slip a bit in recent times but wearing nice new clothes gave me a real confidence boost. Maybe the women would notice me now!

Hi Pingin,
they always notice you...... you just want them to notice you in a good way

And if you snag one, they then notice when other women notice you in a good way from then on.

I was very surprised by the person shopping service.
I like the idea but the suspicious side of me thinks that she could have suggested you buy tweed socks and you would have done so on her recommendation. At the end of the day she works for the shop not for you. I'm a sucker for this too by the way.

I like the idea but the suspicious side of me thinks that she could have suggested you buy tweed socks and you would have done so on her recommendation. At the end of the day she works for the shop not for you. I'm a sucker for this too by the way.
I was a bit suspicious myself but willing to try something new. The alternative—based on past experience—was that I would wander aimlessly through twenty shops, not get anything and go home frustrated and depressed!

A little bit surprised that she had an outfit chosen for me already, without having seen what I looked like. She does of course work for the shop but I don't suppose they want to have an unhappy customer either. She was genuinely helpful and chose things that were within my budget. As I said, I would probably never have made the same choices but it was good to be encouraged to go outside my comfort zone.

What I really need is a permanent personal shopper but that's another story!

Back