Buying light fittings online

ClodaghK

Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience buying light fittings online from companies in the UK and getting them shipped over.

Had considered buying them here, until I saw the exact same models for as good as half price in the UK (even when you take into account the exchange rate)

Would love to hear your views

Just came across this website this evening infact, I will be buying from them, delivery is only Stg 12.99 to ireland by the looks of the website and there is 10% off until end July.

www.lighting-direct.co.uk

Hiya Havealaugh (love the name!)

Just looked at that website, and its not the cheapest one thats out there(!)

Try lightahome.co.uk or gil-lec.co.uk

(I have no ties to either of these sites, simply looking to purchase from them)

Good luck

I'm looking for some light fittings at the moment and the best selection and prices I have found are at www.lightsaver.co.uk BUT I don't know what they charge to deliver to Ireland. www.litecraft.co.uk also have a good selection but again I don't know about delivery.

Will be watching this thread with interest!

Hiya Havealaugh (love the name!)

Just looked at that website, and its not the cheapest one thats out there(!)

Try lightahome.co.uk or gil-lec.co.uk

(I have no ties to either of these sites, simply looking to purchase from them)

Good luck

Thanks Clodaghk and treetiger but infotunately they haven't the same products I'm after !:)

Hi Clodaghk, I've recently bought lights from lighting-direct and I'm very pleased with them. They have a fantastic range and are much cheaper than buying in Ireland. They are great to deal with.

Don't tell the EPA. They barred Amazon UK from selling all electrical and electronic goods to Ireland after the WEEE regulations came in.

Don't tell the EPA. They barred Amazon UK from selling all electrical and electronic goods to Ireland after the WEEE regulations came in.

No they didn't, it's just Amazon were not prepared to comply with the requirements set out in the WEEE legislation for the Irish market, even though they do for the French and German markets.

You can't blame the EPA for a retailer's refusal to deal with EU mandated legislation.
Leo

Just thought i would report back to say that i finally decided to buy with gil-lec.co.uk Great selection and half the price of what you would pay here. I dealt with a guy called Darren and his customer service was second to none. Would have no hesitation in recommending them.

**No connection or affliation with this company, simply a satisfied customer.**

[broken link removed]

Not sure about price comparisons but they have a huge huge selection, great for getting ideas

Back