Buying land from Dublin Co. Council

S

sideshow bob

Hello all

I recently asked Dublin Co. Council about buying some derelict land adjacent to my house with a view to buliding on it. They have done the nessesary checks and have come back to me with an offer thats subject to negotiation.
Has anyone had any experience along these lines with the council? how much under the offer should I go? and do I go for planning before I strike a deal?

Thanks

sideshow bob said:
Hello all

I recently asked Dublin Co. Council about buying some derelict land adjacent to my house with a view to buliding on it. They have done the nessesary checks and have come back to me with an offer thats subject to negotiation.
Has anyone had any experience along these lines with the council? how much under the offer should I go? and do I go for planning before I strike a deal?

Thanks
How much does land with planning etc go for in the area?? council wont accept much less than market value or demand marketvalue. Is this land worth more to you than another buyer because you have adjoing land? get a valuation done and offer 80% and see what they say.

As the last poster said, get the land valued. Also, if you are not comfortable with negotiations yourself, go to your solicitor and let him take care of that side of it...

Thanks Guys,

I will get a valuation done and and place a weak offer as I will be using part of my current garden to build and only need a small piece of extra land to have enough for a new house.

Should I get provisional plans drawn up for a house or enquire about planning permission before negotiating?

Cheers

Back