Buying iPod on US site

airgead07

Hi

Are there any downsides to buying an iPod on the US apple store rather than the Irish site?

Price is €233 on Irish site compared with $249 on US site, works out cheaper with exchange rate. (can get delivered to relations in US who are coming to Ireland in July).

Apart from the charger are there any other connections that would be different?

Hi

Are there any downsides to buying an iPod on the US apple store rather than the Irish site?

Price is €233 on Irish site compared with $249 on US site, works out cheaper with exchange rate. (can get delivered to relations in US who are coming to Ireland in July).

The only downside would be if they shipped or not, but you have that covered. The connections are all standard Apple USB cable and a separate plug. But you can buy Irish plug from any retailer here.

Other than that there is no difference at all.

Naturally you won't have the same consumer protection here as it is bought from the states and as there is no actual Apple Store in Ireland (obviously there is one in Belfast), if it's outside the warranty and you get issue you could have some difficulties unless you make the trip up to Belfast.

Naturally you won't have the same consumer protection here as it is bought from the states and as there is no actual Apple Store in Ireland (obviously there is one in Belfast), if it's outside the warranty and you get issue you could have some difficulties unless you make the trip up to Belfast.

As far as I know, Apple has a worldwide warranty on its products. In the event of an issue, you can contact Apple in Cork who will make arrangements to assess/repair your product. In addition, the CompuB shops in Dublin and Cork (Limerick too?) act as a proxy Apple Store in this country and will deal with repairs as if it was an official Apple Store.

Hi

Absoluetly none, I bought my ipod in Florida years ago, worked fine in Ireland, will need a convertor for the charger that is all

I imagine you cannot have it mailed to you but I always assumed that there was different voltage?

I imagine you cannot have it mailed to you but I always assumed that there was different voltage?
Doesn't matter anymore. Modern chargers automatically detect and adjust to the mains voltage,clever circuitry.

I am definitely gonna get one brought over now that Samsung Galaxies are going to be stopped selling 10.1 tablet. I presume it is the same for the Mac Range?

Worked in Apple for many years - doesn't matter why you buy the ipod your warranty is world wide .
No difference in any of the accessories that come with the ipod either .

Though I didn't think you could order on the US store from Ireland ( even if you are shipping it to a US address ) .... but I may be wrong

Back