buying in newbridge

blueskies

Hi there,
I got a job recently close to newbridge in kildare and am hopefully going to be looking for a house in the newbridge area.
However, coming from the D15 area some of the prices seem still to be inflated to me. I would have thought as part of the commuter belt that prices would have gone down faster here than elsewhere. looking at the website , prices for eg a four bed semi go from approx 350-500k.
Just wondering what are peoples views on prices in this area.
Rents are very low , lower than in d15 but house prices are the same or higher than in D15. Is rent a good indication of the true value of a property.
Why havent prices adjusted more?
Am i missing anything?

you could move slightly away from newbridge if you have transport,
you can buy houses 3 bed semi's for 189k in athy.
or 2 beds for 160k, there are other places between athy and newbridge really nice houses and im sure the prices are as good.

I would have thought as part of the commuter belt that prices would have gone down faster here than elsewhere.

Why havent prices adjusted more?

I would say that prices are more likely to be stronger in commuter belt areas as they offer a less expensive option to living in the city and even with the downturn there is 1million people on the doorstep so there is still a fair bit of demand

Commuter areas like Kildare would also retain a higher value than say commuter areas like Navan or Trim in Meath due to the train line.

You might want to rent for a year and see where the prices in Newbridge are.I know some 4 bed semi's that have dropped 60k but would not know this if you were looking at the asking prices on property websites.
If the job is near Kildare you will definitely find a big difference in price however some of the recently finnished estates in Newbridge are have a quality finish which I have not seen in Kildare.Some developers are giving a full kit out which is another attempt to sell without dropping the price.

Back