buying digital camera

Much depends what type/what rating rechargeables she's using, and how heavy the drain on them is (large LCD size/zooming a lot/shooting in low light are the main culprits).

I use 2700mAh NiMH batteries and they last for ages. But I always have a couple of spares in my jacket pocket. If your Lithium battery suddenly dies, you have to be near a mains outlet (and have your charger with you); with AAs you can pop in a pair of ordinary alkalines...

Check out what they say at the [broken link removed]! :)

C2H5OH & DrM - I purchased the A600 from Argos in the end and will also order the xD card and charger online. Thanks again for your help. One question C2H5OH, where did you find the Argos offer? I was looking in their catalogue and it was not mentioned, nor in a "Christmas special" pamphlet in store.

Bankrupt,
I had noticed on [broken link removed]
that Argos had reduced some fuji cameras in the UK. I noticed that it had been reduced in the UK to half price(?). At the time it wasn't reduced in Ireland. It was subsequently reduced in an Irish Argos leaflet( maybe 2 weeks ago).
Argos seem to reduce items in the UK, but are a little slower to reduce them in Ireland. For example, the fuji S 5600 is currently on sale in Argos UK for 112 sterling( say 170 euro) but hard to find. Argos Ireland was selling this for around 300 euro last week , and have now reduced it to 230.

...Argos had reduced some fuji cameras in the UK. I noticed that it had been reduced in the UK to half price(?). At the time it wasn't reduced in Ireland. [...] Argos seem to reduce items in the UK, but are a little slower to reduce them in Ireland.
What a rip-off! ;)

I wanted to buy a Nikon D40 and checked a price comparison site in the UK.
This camera costs £246.29 in Argos in the UK and when I checked it here in Argos, it cost €379.99. That is some exchange rate!!!!!

Back