Buying bathroom in Germany

Basically for 27k we would have been completly ripped off as we now have the whole lot, exactly the same for under 10k

Can I ask if you got the taps etc. from germany as well? And if so are you planning to pressurise your water?
I once bought a kitchen tap in France but the water pressure in a standard Irish installation is not sufficient for it really.

Gtec

As far as I know we did, my husband ordered it all. I know we will be pressurising the water for the showers but have no idea about the sinks and bath.

I know this is an old post, but can you tell me if you got someone to translate to german for you or how did you manage

http://www.reuter-bathrooms.com/index.php

this site is in english.

I only purchased taps and showers from germany, I asked them if the spoke english and used google translate if they didn't. I had all part numbers picked from irish catalogues.

Everything has arrived

Did anyone purchase recently bathtube, showers, toitlets etc at Reuters?
I plan to get a bath tube, two showers, three sinks and three toilets.
How long was the delivery time and what was the delivery cost?
Also I think I would need some small parts in order to connect the German hardware above to the Irish system. Can you advise what is needed exactly and where to find that?

Yes I have done it. Fantastic savings. Be prepared to wait around 5 to 6 weeks for the stuff. Double check that everything is what you require. Good idea to visit showrooms here and get a list of what you need. Customer service is v good in Reuter if you e mail them the query they will get back to you promptly. You might have to ask about bath supports and the correct bath waste. Choice of taps with the right pressure is limited but I still managed. Bathroom cabinets very good value. I was a v happy customer. Would do it again.

Yes I have done it. Fantastic savings. Be prepared to wait around 5 to 6 weeks for the stuff. Double check that everything is what you require. Good idea to visit showrooms here and get a list of what you need. Customer service is v good in Reuter if you e mail them the query they will get back to you promptly. You might have to ask about bath supports and the correct bath waste. Choice of taps with the right pressure is limited but I still managed. Bathroom cabinets very good value. I was a v happy customer. Would do it again.

Can you please pass to me on via Direct message the name of the person you dealt with at Reuter? I called once and emailed once and every time I got the answer that I have to check with the local plumber if a bath tube etc is suitable for installation in Ireland.
I am German btw so I was crystal clear in my request though the answers received were not really helpful.

How did you find / searched for the right taps if I may ask?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi. I dont recall the name of the person I contacted. Think there might have been more than one. It was in 2017. I just used the search engine on the site. I bought mixer taps for my bath from them. I bought baths by villeroy and boch, wall mounted sink units, led cabinets, grohe shower fixtures concealed, wall mounted toilets with frames and concealed cisterns. You need to really go to a showroom and see how it all operates and do a drawing. I had no clue before I got some ideas from brochures. Im not sure what a bath tube is. Obviously check all the measurements of everything before you order. Everything came on pallets. The transport company will contact you when the delivery arrives in Dublin. No issues with anything broken in transit. I remember i forgot to the get bath wastes so i ended up buying them here. Best of luck to you with the project.

FWIW I have also bought bathroom fittings in Germany and had them shipped here, significant savings to be had, or get better quality parts for the money you spend.

I ordered from megabad.com which is only in German but easily translated to English with Google Translate. They don’t ship to Ireland, so I used a forwarding service called mygermany.com which worked great! Depending on where things go with Brexit, the likes of mygermany.com could become invaluable for online shoppers in general!

Forgive my ignorance on waste/connections/water pressure issues...but how does one get the advice needed on these things before purchasing in Germany?

In other words, do I need to talk to my plumber here first or is it reasonably straightforward? Would seem like a false economy to purchase the kit abroad if there are costs associated with then adapting the fittings to Irish/UK normal” fittings
Love the idea of doing it this way, sounds like a lot to be saved with the right advice - not sure Irish showrooms would be delighted to show you how though!

Forgive my ignorance on waste/connections/water pressure issues...but how does one get the advice needed on these things before purchasing in Germany?

In other words, do I need to talk to my plumber here first or is it reasonably straightforward? Would seem like a false economy to purchase the kit abroad if there are costs associated with then adapting the fittings to Irish/UK normal” fittings
Love the idea of doing it this way, sounds like a lot to be saved with the right advice - not sure Irish showrooms would be delighted to show you how though!
Talk to the plumber you are going to hire - we didn't put an order yet through as we still have to decide about some details but our plumber told us it is not a problem to connect it.
On the topic of taps you can get taps for low pressure or you can pressurize your water.

Hi Susie2017
I went on to that Reuter website and the savings are very significant v's what I'd pay here for the same products. Did you speak to anyone in the company over there to check your order etc so that you didn't forget anything that might'nt be so obvious to a non-plumber?

Also, if in Dublin, would you recommend the company who installed your bathroom?

Hi Susie2017
I went on to that Reuter website and the savings are very significant v's what I'd pay here for the same products. Did you speak to anyone in the company over there to check your order etc so that you didn't forget anything that might'nt be so obvious to a non-plumber?

Also, if in Dublin, would you recommend the company who installed your bathroom?

Hi Delboy,

Unfortunately Susie2017 is no longer a poster on AAM.

Back