Buying a Tuscon

A

abc1

Hi Has anyone experience of a Hyudai Tuscon 2WD 2L diesel.I am thinking of buying either 2006 or 2007 model as a straight deal. Milage is low on both. Would you recomend them? Is there any problems with them that I need to know?
Ta abc1

You might want to correct the spelling in the Thread Title.
I thought you were buying one of these !!!

My sister recently sold a 2006 Tuscon for €7,500k, which she had from new.

It was hardly used v. low mileage, but being a 2 ltr petrol, nobody wanted to touch it.

The 2 ltr diesel would be more desirable.

She liked the car when she had it, but changed for a new Golf and finds the Golf more comfy. Obviously the space in the Tuscon was great.

She had no problems at all with the car, never broke down or anything. She was going to change for the new 135 but was put off by the depreciation.

Hi Pique318
I see what you mean. I only wish.
MandaC thanks for the info. I am buying staight from a dealer and the price for the 2006 with 30k miles is for E12000 and E13750 for the 2007 with 20k miles -this is a lot more than the price of a petrol version but I need a car asap and one that will last for many a year and be reliable, as my old car has died due to old age and I cant afford any of the scrapage models that will carry a family of 5.
Ta abc1

I have a 05 1.9 Diesel. 135K kms and very reliable. Boot space a bit small and MPG quiet poor. Does about 650kms on a full tank (60Litres)
The newer models have a six speed gearbox which might yield better mpg.

Hi Pique318
I see what you mean. I only wish.
MandaC thanks for the info. I am buying staight from a dealer and the price for the 2006 with 30k miles is for E12000 and E13750 for the 2007 with 20k miles -this is a lot more than the price of a petrol version but I need a car asap and one that will last for many a year and be reliable, as my old car has died due to old age and I cant afford any of the scrapage models that will carry a family of 5.
Ta abc1

The kind of money you're spending would buy a lot of repairs to your old car, assuming the backside hasn't fallen out of it completely, so to speak. Those mileages look very low to me ... hopefully they're well supported. I'd say that the likes of the Tucson come up for half nothing at Auction ... might be worth a punt. Seems during the 'Celtic Tiger' thing every second person had one, so I'd say there's something of a glut in the market. I'd drive a very hard bargain with any dealer, and then drive it a bit more.

One major thing I don't like about the Tuscon is the column/frame between the windscreen and the door is quite thick (A-Frame?), so when you turning to the right you lose a lot of visibility.

Back