Buying a site in Cork

James1323

Hi everyone,
My name is James and I am new on this forum looking for help.
I have a though about buying a site with planing permission in Cork . Me and my wife living in Cork for over 10 years but I am actually not sure if this would be good enough to get approval for buying site in Blarney for example, in up to 20 km radius that is what I am thinking about.
I read that if someone is selling land or site, it is offer for locals only so no-one from outside can buy this site even if I leave in Cork ?
Could someone explain how those it work and what is the actual requirement to buy a site in Ireland or send here links to read more about it?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Are you just looking at buying a site that has planning already granted, or are you considering buying a site subject to planning or in the hope of getting planning?

If buying a site with planning, have someone competent review the planning granted in detail to ensure you can comply with all conditions. Otherwise, review the local development plan and assess if local needs applies in the are and whether you can be sure of satisfying all requirements.

Most local authorities want to prevent one-off houses due to the environmental impact and increased services costs involved. Many allow locals with ties to the locality and a housing need to get an exemption to permit them build such a one-off house.

Back