Buying a property in Tenerife - need Notary Public, will Solicitor do?

Micky

Hi all
I intend on buying a property in Tenerife and have just received the power of attorney for signature and notarisation. The only problem is that I have to have it sent of this evening and all the Notary Publics in the area are out of their offices.

Will a an ordinary Solicitor suffice for witnessing the document?

Re: Urgent Advice needed

No, it must be signed and witnessed by a Notary. You will need to find one and bring your passport/driving licence and a utility bill with your name and address, oh and don't forget about €50 for the signature:( Most other countries outside of Ireland and UK use the Notary system and will not recognise our solicitors or Commissioners for Oaths for signing off legal documents

Thanks inertia
I thought so........better start the car!

I know there is one in Blackrock if you are in South Dublin. Cant remember the name but in the golden pages. Had to use them a few times. Any good rental rates going in Tenerife for Boards users;)

Hi Micky

Just purchased in Tenerife this week. What area did you buy in? Best of luck

Hi Lopin10, Any chance you might be letting your property. Am looking for 2 weeks, 19th March - 2nd April. Budget real tight, but would be willing to do an odd job or two to supplement rent..... (If you don't ask you'll never know). Think about it.
Regards,
L

Back