Buying a kitchen

Shawady

Hi,
Could anyone recommend a place that sells modern style kitchens without fitting them for you.
I am converting a garage to a kitchen and the builder doing the conversion will fit the kitchen for me.

Maybe you should give B & Q a go . They are advertising very strongly with a new Modern Range

Regards , Dee

B & Q Kitchens look nice but at the moment for me it's a 10 week wait!!! Just hope all the parts show up..

Just purchased a kitchen myself
Noyeks are the cheapest at the moment for flat packs

If you follow this link you will see all their locations

[broken link removed]

Regards , Dee

All I seem to do on AskAboutMoney is post "try Ikea!", and here I am doing it again! (No I don't have shares)

I put in an Ikea kitchen at the end of last year, they are excellent value and are very good quality (they are made for people in Europe who move them from apartment to apartment with the rest of their furniture, so they are very durable). They have a range of finishes and handles etc, several of which are modern style. They also have a free kitchen planner software so you can plan the layout at your leisure (here). You'll currently have to go to Belfast, but if you can wait til July you can get it in Dublin.

You could also try Woodworkers in Dublin... they're a smaller supplier than Noyeks but have good prices and a good range, not sure about timescales. Website at www.woodworkers.ie , prices on website.

No affiliation...

I second Ikea especially their kitchens. Had one installed 1992 and still good as new - black & white one. Installed another one in holiday apartment 2 years ago, it's great, their storage solutions are second to none. And the price is right. Go to one of their stores and have a look at their staged kitchens, take along your measurements and you can have a free appointment with their kitchen designers (may need to book this in advance).

I also chose the IKEA route and can't recommend it highly enough! My kitchen is approx. 13sqm and I bought all units, doors, legs, handles etc. for £670 (four years ago), finished it off with a solid beech worktop from Woodworkers (also very good service) - by the time I added flooring, fittings and finishes the whole thing was completed for under €3k. Most quotes that I received from other suppliers were €3k+ to start off with.

Back