Buying a car through eBay

pat2468

I found a car i am interested in but the vendor is living over sea's with the car. He claims he wants to sell the car as it is difficult to drive a right hand drive and the import duty due in the county he has moved too is too expensive. The price of the car is well discounted and he has only 1 picture available?. I would like to know if anybody else has every done this through ebay and any other opinions.

Email from vendor
"This is basically how the transaction through eBay works:
Firstly I need your contact details, complete name and address so I can open a case with eBay regarding our transaction, they will contact you and send you the documents for our transaction.You will have to lodge the payment into an eBay account not to me directly and they will keep your payment until you receive and test the car.

When the car will be delivered to your door, you will have 2 days to check the car (test it, drive it,and even take it to a local service. ....etc) so you can see that everything is OK with it. Also all the documents will be provided at the delivery.

If the car doesn't match with what I told you,it will be shipped back to me on my own expense and you will be refunded your total payment. However I doubt that this shall be the case because the car is exactly how I described it to you.

If you are totally content with the car and that you want to continue with the purchase you will have to notify eBay to release the payment to my account. Remember that they have absolutely no authority to release the payment until they get your full approval. I hope I explained everything to you well.
I'm waiting to receive your contact details so I can open a case with eBay ASAP.

Nearly as bad as the guy who was told to bring a large amount of cash to buy the car from an ebay person. He was met with a few guys with guns.

Back