BUY HOUSES FROM BANK

greeneman

A couple of us are looking at buying three semi finished properties. The registered owner wants cash and a very inflated price. A pillar bank has a judgment mortgage. How can we make this transaction happen if the owner does not want to engage ?

A couple of us are looking at buying three semi finished properties. The registered owner wants cash and a very inflated price. A pillar bank has a judgment mortgage. How can we make this transaction happen if the owner does not want to engage ?

You can't.

As far as I understand it, the bank needs to appoint a receiver. Our society needs more houses. We can finish these and provide homes. And make money while doing it. The original developer cannot complete these. They are an eyesore. How can we get the bank to get all parties to move this along.

Hello,

Leo is entirely correct, you cannot seek to force this issue as it's not the Bank's property to sell.

How do you know that it is a judgement mortgage that is help over the property, have you found court records or similar to support this belief ? Even if it is a judgement mortgage, there may be a specific agreement between the Bank and current owners that you are not aware of.

You could try getting a local property agent to make an approach on your behalf, see if they can make any progress on your behalf. However, in reality, residential property prices are going up, so you can't blame the current owners for wanting the best possible price and just because your after a bargain, doesn't mean they have to give you one. :)

Thanks Mr Earl. I have to agree with you.
The Folio states that the bank got a judgment mortgage in the high court. I can reasonably assume its for non payment. But many years later still nothing has happened. I am just surprised the bank have not moved on. And I had hoped to entice them to do so.
But I have to accept that I may not have the full picture.

Back