business start up, budget changes for prsi relief & BTW scheme

CARRIE.B

I am setting up a business as a sole trader will be opening doors end of Jan 2012.
I have been on job seekers benefit for 6 months and I will be employing 1 person who has been on Job Seekers Allowance for a few years. Just wondering if anyone has any advice/ suggestions on any schemes/ relief that I might be able to apply for? My local enterprise centre were unable to offer assistance. It is a service type of business rather than manufacturing.

Before the budget, I had planned on applying for the back to work short term scheme, which will allow me to recieve JSB for another 3 months while the business is getting on its feet. I also thought I might be able to use the PRSI incentive scheme. This scheme seems to be running until end of Dec 2011.There is is also a revenue job assist program which I may be eligible for? I am unsure are the last 2 schemes mentioned only eligible if an employee has started end of 2011 and if the budget has affected any of these 3 schemes. I do have an accountant and will put these questions to them also but would be really grateful if anyone on this forum had any suggestions/ advice

Back