Bushy Park Terenure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martina

Looking for a little bit of help if you please.
A friend of mine is looking to buy a 2 bed apartment in Bushy Park. Does anyone have any information on the complex?
What is the layout like for a two bed? Are they all the same?
What is the storage in the apartments like? Is there any problems with the parking? (2 cars) Any issues with crime? And finally, what the local amenities like? I presume that seeing as it close to Terenure, Rathfarnham etc, it can't be too bad!
Anyone that can give me any information, I'd appreciate it!:)

Yep, that's where I mean!
I found that link okay but it doesn't contain very much information.

Thanks.

Terenure is a nice area - i've lived there for a few years now. No hassle from undesirables since i've been here. You don't see too many tracksuits about! The park is lovely and theres always activity up there. Specially during the summer. The village is a nightmare traffic wise. A total non starter in the morning if you were to be heading from those apartments you mention towards town - you'd have to find an alternative route or take a lot of valium. Also, the shops in the village close very early i think. Maybe about 9pm - not sure why that is. Couple of nice pubs too. Vaughans on the corner is very clean and the staff are friendly - good pint and they seem to always be busy for sunday lunch. Suppose thats a good sign.

Looking for a little bit of help if you please.
A friend of mine is looking to buy a 2 bed apartment in Bushy Park. Does anyone have any information on the complex?
What is the layout like for a two bed? Are they all the same?
What is the storage in the apartments like? Is there any problems with the parking? (2 cars) Any issues with crime? And finally, what the local amenities like? I presume that seeing as it close to Terenure, Rathfarnham etc, it can't be too bad!
Anyone that can give me any information, I'd appreciate it!:)

A friend of mine had an apt there and there were huge. Nicest apt I had been in with great living space. Rathfarnham shopping centre is only a 5 min walk away from the entrance, lots of good schools around. Terenure and our ladies right beside it others close by. I hear though there is big problems with parking that apts only get one space and they were clamping there. Can't imagine you would have too much trouble with crime there- very nice area. Lots of buses go into town from there as well but the end of Templeouge road (rathdown motors) is a nightmare as traffic lights are badly co-ordinated.

You don't see too many tracksuits about!....elefantfresh...no fitness freaks then...

I think elefantfresh is talking about scallies who wear them as a fashion statement - a species found in the same areas as the "sliced pan" brigade who go to the corner shop in their pyjamas:) Can't imagine the denizens of Terenure/Rathfarnham/Templeogue dressed in either outfit!

I wouldn't class Rathfarnham in the same league as Terenure as a matter of interest. Rathfarnham is quite ordinary!

I think elefantfresh is talking about scallies who wear them as a fashion statement - a species found in the same areas as the "sliced pan" brigade who go to the corner shop in their pyjamas:) Can't imagine the denizens of Terenure/Rathfarnham/Templeogue dressed in either outfit!

What? No pyjamas?

I wouldn't class Rathfarnham in the same league as Terenure as a matter of interest. Rathfarnham is quite ordinary!

JohnMac4 - for someone who admits to currently living in Inchicore for the last seven years, I find it pretty rich for you to be calling Rathfarnham "ordinary" - inner city ghetto vs leafy suburbs me thinks...............

JohnMac4 - for someone who admits to currently living in Inchicore for the last seven years, I find it pretty rich for you to be calling Rathfarnham "ordinary" - inner city ghetto vs leafy suburbs me thinks...............

yawn!!!! more postal code snobbery.

yawn!!!! more postal code snobbery.

who mentioned postcodes (that would be a D14 vs D16 vs D24 argument) - merely pointing out the difference between an inner city ghetto and one of the top suburbs in Dublin to live in - get your facts straight (wo)man...

Ha ha.

Touched a nerve did I? Rathfarnham is bog standard ordinary. End of. I'm quite happy with Inchicore thanks but if we do move on it will be a slightly classier suburb than the farnham. Rathgar, Ranelagh, Howth or Clontarf.

one of the top suburbs?

Rathfarnham?

Don't make me laugh.

As I said, Rathgar, Ranelagh, Sandymount, Howth, Clontarf and Malahide are top suburbs and priced accordingly. Rathfarnham doesn't even come close.

Get your facts straight.

Rathfarnham is more suburban than Terenure. Terenure I would think of as more middle/upper class, while Rathfarnham has evolved from a village near the Dublin mountains to a nice village with a sprawl of housing estates.

"Top suburb to live in" - nope don't think so, nice area but by no means the Beverly Hills of Dublin!

I agree MarieM. The village is ok but the sprawling estates in Marley and stretching out to Knocklyon are not what I would term part of a "top suburb."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back