Bus Strike on Mon/Tues??

CGorman

Hi all,

I'm finding it hard to establish is there or is there not going to be a bus strike on Monday & Tuesday. Is it going ahead or not? And is it just Dublin Bus, or DB and Bus Eireann?

Thanks

Talks on-going at the labour relations commision. I'm wondering myself if talk's break down will the union's have to give fresh notice again or could they go out as planned. Anybody know the answer to this question? By the way it was just Dublin Bus for now.

Was it not supposed to be Monday and Tuesday of this week and they cancelled it?

Also: ive heard that the rail drivers might refuse to pass picket as they are part of the same union - so might the rail system stop too??

I really need to get from Sligo/Mayo - Dublin on Monday morning and had hoped to use bus eireann - are they not effected then??

Any advice is really really welcome!! Thank you!

Rail staff work for a different company so a support strike would be illegal.

Thanks markpb; I never could understand the setup of CIE!

Normally i'd be my (relatively) calm self and just arrive in Dublin late... but i've Monday choc-o-blocked with meetings, presentations, grinds and the like in college!

I was told by my bus driver yesterday that if they went on strike you could bet that the Darts wouldn't be going anywhere either.

Silly me I neglected to ask if there was any impending strike!

Hmm... any more light on whether its just Dublin bus; or the whole country? The lack of information from the CIE companies is dreadful!

Talks on-going at the labour relations commision. I'm wondering myself if talk's break down will the union's have to give fresh notice again or could they go out as planned. Anybody know the answer to this question? By the way it was just Dublin Bus for now.

This could have been agreed before they went into LRC but I very much doubt it.

Back