Bus Fares and Ticket Printout

S

soc

Been monitoring this for a while now... and it's really bothering me now...

I get on the bus every morning to go to work.
I pay €1.25 bus fare.

On the bus ticket, O'Connell St shoud be printed, as this is the number of stages I can travel for, having paid my €1.25 bus fare. The ticket I receive is supposed to be proof of my fare payment...

YET... the number of times I have received a ticket with the INCORRECT destination is getting way out of control! >:

This morning, my ticket said Baggot St Bridge, yesterday is said Dawson St??!!?
..now, if I WAS going to O'Connell St (as my fare entitles me)... and the bus driver printed me a ticket saying Baggot St... if a Bus Conductor got on the Bus at some point AFTER Baggot St... I'd be up the creek! :eek He/She would see my ticket with Baggot St and I'd be in an embarrassing situation despite having paid the correct fare.

Surely, this practice must be breaking some sort of law?? I mean, I am paying for a service...i.e. €1.25 buys me a trip to O'Connell St...yet the ticket fails to provide proof of the destination I paid to be carried to.

Next time that this happens, I'm going to ask the bus driver about it.

Has anyone else every experienced this??

Yes.

It depends on the stage that the ticket machine reckons it is at when the ticket is issued.

For example - on the 10 bus route UCD might be stage 1, Donnybrook stage 2, Morehapmton Road stage 3, Baggot Street stage 4, etc . . .

If you get on at stage 2 and the ticket machine is still programmed for stage 1 then your destination would be wrong.

z

All the driver has to do is to press a button to update at every stop. In a lot of instances this is not done, I have noticed this in the past, but I'd have no qualms telling that to a inspector if challanged.

Back