Burning Problem Please Help..........

F

Funkyirishman

Hi

Had buffer underrun problems when burning with latest version of Nero and also with real player 10

Checked the IDE channels and they where both set to DMA

Borrowed a Artec Cd burner and tried to burn again

Got the below error with Nero

'Can only write at 12x instead of 52x because speed of source data is to slow'
Then I got

'Calibration Area Full'

Checked on Nero website and it maybe the media or my driver ????

Tried then with Real Player 10 and got

'Low Virtual Memory'

Can anyone help as I dont know if its the PC

Its a Packard Bell. Thinking of removing SP2 as since I got that the trouble has started ?

Cheers

Two things to look at post-SP2 :<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->(Start)/Settings/Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance Options.../Virtual memory/Change... What is the setting? And is there really that much space on the drive?<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->SP2 is big and by default can be removed. This means a complete copy of the replaced components have been saved as well as the SP2 self-installer executable.<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->A 4 y/o machine did not have a large hard drive, so double check.<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->The second is spyware and 'friendly' applications. Many so-called free packages from the 'net have integrated monitoring services so that your preferences of websites is communicated to firms that then sell your browsing habit profile to merchants. Many of the spyware packages just live quietly active, waiting for you to use the browser, all the while consuming precious memory resources. I recommend Ad-Aware SE to rid your system of these pests. The other class of memory muncher is the 'quick launch' variety (all those icons in the Systray). Windows Indexing Service ((Start)/Settings/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Services and Applications/Indexing Service), RealPlayer, Adobe, Microsoft Office ((Start)/Programs/Startup), and many more helpful bits and bobs.<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->NB. Reverting to a solid color wallpaper/background and switching off all the cool visual effects ((Start)/Settings/Control Panel/Display/Effects) also reclaims significant virtual memory.

I've generally had more success with Burnatonce and XP's built-in CD burning facilities than with Nero or Adaptec/Roxio EasyCD:

www.burnatonce.com

how do you remove SP2 totally

Checked the MS website and it removed is there anything that may linger

I am having the same problem with the calibration area full
My PC is 4 yrs old and going to get a new one in Jan

Have removed all the spyware and closed all the background programs etc but no joy. Using Maxwell CD's from Aldi but they worked ok before but now keep getting calibration error

Back