Built in Wardrobes

Purple

Registered User
Messages
15,534
I can't see any thread on this topic that's less than a decade old.
We are doing up a house and want to get built in wardrobes in 5 bedrooms. Can anyone recommend a supplier?
 
I have used bespace and custommade for similar in the past. Both were excellent. Not the cheapest but quality is superb.
 
Second vote for IKEA. If you're handy or good with DIY they're very affordable and if put together well, good quality.

I've done a good few kitchens, utilities, bedrooms in IKEA but its not for everyone. You need to spend as long planning the layout and parts you need as you'll spend putting it together. You can't rely 100% on the online planner and have to carefully review it yourself. Otherwise you'll be missing parts, accidently get one part in the wrong colour or size, put something in wrong/back to front, use the wrong hole, etc and this has knock on effects on finished quality, length of time it takes put together, etc.

If ordered and fitted right, its hard to beat. I add wood glue just before using the screws provided allowing worktops to be used as a riverdance stage.
 
Its hard to beat IKEA for flexibility / affordability.
I actually find that their shelves bend quickly now. Got one 20 years ago, solid no major issue. Got one 10 years ago, a lot of bending. We recently replace it with a wardrobe that we did put together ourselves after ordering the doors and cut material for the carcasses. A bit more expensive but not that much, measure to fit perfectly. Definitely more work and more planning, but massive difference.
 
Back
Top