Building extension - quotations for foundations?

elainem

We are building an extension - 36sq metres - we have been quoted between 15k and 25k for foundations - we're in Dublin. What would the norm be for the foundations for that size of an extension? Is there a certain amount per square metre. I am amazed at the vast difference in quotations.

When a builder digs out a foundation he never knows what's going to happen down there, i'm presuming he's covering himself by the variations in price. Is it a raft foundation?

It depends on site access for skips and deliveries.Also is it single story or double?

We are building an extension - 36sq metres - we have been quoted between 15k and 25k for foundations - we're in Dublin. What would the norm be for the foundations for that size of an extension? Is there a certain amount per square metre. I am amazed at the vast difference in quotations.

Foundations are quoted for in a linear fashion. It doesn't matter that the extension is 36 Sq. M, but the length, width and depth of foundation will determine the price for that portion of the works. Also, reinforcement, should be priced for, and once foundations are poured, who is doing the rising walls to slab level?

Back