building a shed/home office

justsome1

Hi

whats considered ground level when building a shed on a residental site that is sloped like a hill .. from a height restriction purpose that is.....

Can I build my shed on the highest point on my land and use that a ground level and build a concrete base / 4 meter pitched roof shed from that point...

Thanks

They height is measured from the ground level immediately adjoining the wall.

So if there's a severe slope, in theory to remain within the exemption limits, the roof would have to slope at the same angle of the ground level.

So if there's a severe slope, in theory to remain within the exemption limits, the roof would have to slope at the same angle of the ground level.
The 4m height exemption wouldnt apply in that scenario. It would be restricted to 3m imo as it wouldnt be a standard pitched roof.

The height in all such cases would be measured from the lowest point of the undisturbed ground level below the footprint of the shed.

The 4m height exemption wouldnt apply in that scenario. It would be restricted to 3m imo as it wouldnt be a standard pitched roof.

The height in all such cases would be measured from the lowest point of the undisturbed ground level below the footprint of the shed.

Yes I'd tend to agree. But I have seen sheds built into the slope before.

Back