Builder's Finish

KCT

I'm considering bidding on a new house with a builder's finish. Approx 2300 sq ft. Does anyone have any estimate of how much it would cost to finish the house, I appreciate it depends on the quality of what you put in but if you even a good estimate of an average kitchen, tiling, bathrooms, flooring etc. Has anyone finished one lately ?

For a good quality finish its in the range €80-€100 per square foot depending mainly on whether you are the contractor yourself or whether you hire a contractor to supervise the lot.

Avearage to drab would be €70-85 psf

Thanks but probably didn't make myself clear, the house is already built but to a builder's finish, i.e. no kitchen, flooring, bathrooms. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure to do those things.

Last year in Co Roscommon these are the prices we paid for finishing a house. The quality of the materials was not top of the range - so you could spend a lot lot more if you wanted too. Than again - it may be possible to spend less (maybe on the kitchen - ours is fairly big) -
House has floor area of 2250 sq ft
Flooring and tiling materials for all rooms 7500 (3 ensuites 1 bathroom fully tiled) basic laminate in bedrooms, semi soild in living room, tiles in hall , kitchen and dining )
Tiler labour cost 2800
Wood/laminate flooring labour = 1400

Bathroom equipment (maybe this isn't needed - most builders finish have sanitary ware installed??) - 4 showers + shower pump + cubicles - 1 bath - 5 toilets and sinks towel rails mirrors - all cost 4000 euro. Fairly basic stuff nothing fancy.

Kitchen - solid wood doors costy 11000 - but could have paid more..

Painting - materials cost about 1000 - just emulsion for walls. Did it myself but was quoted 2000 to get it done .

Dont forget the outside work like lawns kerbs driveway shrubs trees - this could add a good 3 to 5k to the bill depending on what state it is in.

Hope this helps a bit - but of course there is no substitute for measuring up and going to shops and suppliers to see what you can get for your money.

Back