Builders charging more after quote agreed!!!

Shouldn't you be asking the OP?

Well the OP isn't a professional so would be inclined to under or over-state the facts of what has gone on however a or a carpenter would have a much better idea of what needs or has to be done than the OP.

But you are quite correct I should have asked yvonkey in fact if I had plumbing experience I'd go over myself and have a look at it then report back here so people could know what the story was.

All too often we hear stories from posters about the kind of work they get done but we very rarely hear about the story from someone with actual experience in the field. If someone had a problem with a sash window company for example I'd be able to assess the situation and report back my findings in an unbiased manner.

I'm not saying is making stuff up it's just that things could be far worse or far better than the OP has stated.

"Oh it's a long long way" Extopia!!!!

Sorry for my ignorance but was it "the OP"?? I think that Skingtile might pop over to assess the work.... My neighbour is also getting work done so I have asked for them to ask their guy to pop up and see what the story is.

Thanks again for advise guys ;)

"Oh it's a long long way" Extopia!!!!

Sorry for my ignorance but was it "the OP"?? I think that Skingtile might pop over to assess the work.... My neighbour is also getting work done so I have asked for them to ask their guy to pop up and see what the story is.

Thanks again for advise guys ;)

OP is the the Original Poster (I think)

Hi hope this helps
A Quote is a undertaking to do specified work for an exact specified price.
an Estimate is an undertaking to try and do the work for a certain price give or take.
It is very hard to get another firm to take over unfinished work.
Get some one who is used to dealing with building work at a professional level.
In the mean time
Check whether you are covered in your insurance .
Ask your 'builders' for a full typed Quotation and their insurance details.
Do not give them any more money.

Back