Best Buy Budgeting software: YNAB (You Need A Budget)

Is there any one of these that you can share with your other half so that both of you can feed into it? That’d be ideal.
 
Another vote for An Post Money Manager! It syncs well with AIB (with small time delays sometimes) and does everything I need in terms of tracking my budget day-to-day. This is not my main financial tracking and planning tool - I have a spreadsheet in Google Sheets for that. But for day-to-day budget tracking, Money Manager is great. I like that it's customisable as you can categorise, rename, etc. transactions, you can set budgets for all kinds of categories (or combinations), and you can exclude transactions (which is handy for say reimbursed work expenses). That said it's probably not the right tool for people who want detailed analytics or to use it as their main / all-in-one finances tool.
 
Several people on AAM have recommended YNAB (You Need A Budget) over the years, so I thought it would be useful to do a summary post and a thread to discuss pros/cons.
Hi

I'm looking to use YNAB - are there any users / implementers who can assist me in Dublin on this?
 
I have accounts across 3 banks and a couple of credit cards and not great on spreadsheets! So happy to pay direct for someone to set up or buy pre-set up budget V actual formats that link into downloads of CSVs from the banks. Preference to own the tool rather than a paid subscription which could have security issues. Do you know anyone who help me on this?
 
I have started using Monzo - and have connected my BOI account & credit card to it. You can connect BOI/AIB/PTSB & Revolut.

You see all your combined transactions in one list then, and a live view of your overall balance. Each transaction can be categorised and you can set monthly budgets against each category.
 
Back
Top