Budapest Title Deeds

C

Cockatooz

Can anyone please advise how best to go about changing the registered address on the title deeds of a Budapest apartment in XIII which is currently registered in my previous address. I’m assuming that one should keep this registered address up to date?

Would also like to check that the apartment has been registered in the Tulajdoni Lap (title deed) if possible?

What’s the best way to go about these two things?

Unfortunately I don’t speak/read/write Hungarian but would really like to go to Budapest and do the deed myself if it is possible to do so with my lack of the Hungarian language

Any advice, pointers, tips appreciated, many thanks

I wouldn't dream of trying this on my own; the potential for screwing it up is high when you don't speak Hungarian.
A job like this won't cost a lot if you use a good lawyer. Penny pinching around things like title is not a good strategy, IMO.

Lollix, thanks for pointing out the obvious, must admit that aspect did not occur to me! What was I thinking indeed, was getting so wrapped in the excitement of DIY that I forgot the obvious, thanks for bringing me back to earth !

If you need a referral to a reasonably-priced bilingual lawyer in Budapest, please take a look at the following link:
[broken link removed]

Back