budapest - Apt. ? To sell

oslo

My friend has an appartment in district 6, 90 Sq. Metres. 2nd floor. Furnished. The block has been renovated. Would this be a good time to sell? Rent is small from it at present. Pauday Street, I think. Would prefer to sell in Euro. Can anyone recommend a good estate agent? I know the forint is weak at the moment. Thanks

There is still a reasonable amount of activity for the right type of apartment in Budapest city centre. Prices are under pressure, but much less so than in Ireland. It's almost unheard of to sell in Euro as all buyers are likely to be Hungarian. Irish sellers are finding it difficult to sell at the moment as they often paid too much for the wrong type of property in the first place. Coming to accept this can be a very slow and often financially painful process.

Budapest, further to your comment, would you consider a 1 bed in district V just off lower Vaci street and a 2 bed (new 2003) in district 13 Visegradi st to be the "right type of apartment". We are considering our options at the moment regarding selling or not. Thanks.

Babywise, it would really depend on view, amount of light, position in building, condition of building, etc. in relation to the District V property.

The Visegradi utca new build is probably worth more or less what you paid for it.

PM me with further exact details if you like and I will try to be more specific.

Back