BTWEA & Revenue

rebekah

Hi All,

I recently sent in an application for the BTWEA. I'm waiting on them to get back to me so I can submit business plan etc but in meantime I want to have everything sorted on my end so there's no avoidable delays. I have a few questions for anyone who knows or has been through the application process -

My husband is a dependant on my SW and he registered company name -should I get this transferred to my name (as I'm applying for the scheme) or does this not make any difference?

Should I register the company with Revenue or am I supposed to wait until they approve me? (I know I'm not allowed to trade so not sure if that would be seen as a breach of this in some way?)

It's an online business so want to get website up (still not trade though) same Q as above, do they see this as trading?

Last one! Business plan and projections - I just have basic business plan, the initial outlay is being funded by my savings so didn't have to go to bank - is this ok?

Tried to call the office that I sent application to - I wanted to make sure they received application and to ask above questions but the person who deals with this area is never there and doesn't return calls so hopefully someone can help! any additional advice welcome - really want to get onto scheme and to get going at this little venture :)

thanks a million

R

for anyone who is interested you can download the business plan form for BTWEA on the longford community resources website - I don't have enough posts on askaboutmoney to post the link!

Back