BTL UK market

T

topman

HI.

I'm looking into purchasing a BTL in the UK market. I have contacted the HSBC in the UK they would require a 25% deposit which seem rather steep to me. Any suggestions on an irish or uk lender that would be more favourable ....

Would I need to put up my own home also in order to get the BTL mortgage.

Thanks Norfbank...
Do you now what the other instituations requirements would be ...

All much of a much, I think you'll struggle to find better than 80% LTV for a foreign property but am open to correction.
Ringing around your local branches is the best bet or maybe do a search on AAM for a broker that assists in foreign mortgages?

Cool. I did ring my bank (NIB ) and they would give the loan but then mentioned putting it on the deeds of my own home plus stumping up the 20 %. .

You should be aware that best buy-to-let mortgage rates here at the moment are around 5.75% see here http://www.best4let.com/bestbuys.aspx in a market which in many areas outside of Central London and some university towns is saturated with unlet investments in a veeery slowmoving market and where 1Euro = 65pence a couple of days ago. You could use the search facility to find earlier threads on UK property investment.

boi will organizse one with Bristol and West who they own. Mortages rates are very high in the the UK

Bristol & West have a fixed rate of 5.99 until 2010 and 5.89 until 2012 at 85% LTV. Mortgage Express and Birmingham Midshires might be worth looking at too.
if you want the number of my FA in North London, you are welcome to request it. We fear there will be another rise in April and another in August maybe, so I have moved a good few of my BTL's into fixed rates for peace of mind. these rises are costly if you have a good few properties. I have always put down 15% and we are also both self employed. also it would appear that a lot of the good fixed rates are disappearing fast due to high demand from people like me buttoning down the hatches.

Does anyone have any thoughts on borrowing in Euro to invest in the UK. Some pretty high net worth people I know who are Irish residents are borrowing from Irish banks in Euro to invest in UK. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also anyone got any thoughts on where to invest in the UK. I'm over there a bit. I like Liverpool and Manchester second hand stuff and have contacts who know the areas well who are giving me pointers, and am probably going to do something in this area in the next couple of months, but am open to any ideas on any other areas.

Cheers.

Check out [broken link removed] they can get you 90% UK mortgages at a rate of 5.49%

On a side issue CGT is 40% on sold UK property is it 40% for an Irish investor in the UK or 20% ?

Back