BT using Eircom lines

ZEGAR

I am in the process of getting a landline at home and intend to swop over to BT for Broadband.
As far as I know I will be paying BT a set amount for calls and internet a month and will not have to pay the monthly line rentaL charged by Eircom.

I am about to sign forms for Eircom which has all their term and conditions and was wondering is it as simple as getting a land line from Eircom on Monday and telling them on Tuesday that I wont be paying them the line rental but instead intend to pay BT ???

Short answer is yes. You'll need an Eircom account no. before you can move to BT; just check your bills thereafter to make sure you don't end up paying rental to both of them during the overlap, because they're both infamous for being extremely slow to issue refunds/credits... :mad:

switched from eircom to bt. got my final statement from eircom about a month ago showing a credit. fat lot of good that is. How do I get the money? only small I know but it would cover a bet on saturday:)

I am about to sign forms for Eircom which has all their term and conditions and was wondering is it as simple as getting a land line from Eircom on Monday and telling them on Tuesday that I wont be paying them the line rental but instead intend to pay BT ???

Yes It's simple I just switched to Imagine for Broad/b.
€9.99 pm. It took about 5 weeks from the day I applie online, they take their time but it's worth not staying with Eirom.
Eircom is the most expensive af all TelePh services.
I got a new line from eircom, 1week later I applied for BB on www.getbroadband.ie.

There are cheaper services than BT out there you should take a look.
Such as www.digiweb.ie BB + PH for 19.99...:):):)
But it all depends on you location in Ireland.

If your switching to BT, be very very careful with one aspect - Billing
Their billing system is notorious. They may bill unincorrectly for a year and come back at that stage with a big bill for the difference - which they are still legally entitled to collect.
Otherwise theyre fine.

switched from eircom to bt. got my final statement from eircom about a month ago showing a credit. fat lot of good that is. How do I get the money? only small I know but it would cover a bet on saturday:)

I think you might need to go into Eircom HQ near St. Stephen's Green
shopping centre.
If you're in countryside i'm not sure just try their website www.eircom.ie,

If you're betting on Ireland winning I think you should buy a beer with the money. I have no faith in my country, especially with Staunton managing.
Is the Irish soccer team incapable of retrieving an Irish manager?...:rolleyes:

thanks Snak@bite will try that stephens green place when I am in the smoke ( not often) bet down today anyway. thought millwall would beat blackpool.( and to cc and garretrod - brill start to the new season - 2 yankees up and three out of 4 today. millwall first blot on copybook)

You don't need to visit the eircom office to get a refund.

A cheque will issue in due course, or else just call them and ask.

You don't need to visit the eircom office to get a refund.

Yeah, I think you may be right CC, but on the telephone companies normally give you the ''cold shoulder'' especially when it's a small emount of money as I tkink Cuchullainn mentioned earlier..
As companies especially Irish ones don't like giving money but taking it.

But if youre looking straight at them inthe eye, they may take u a bit more seriously..:cool::):cool:

I received a refund from eircom (around €12 I think) without having to get off the couch. There is no reason to go to their office.

I received a refund from eircom (around €12 I think) without having to get off the couch. There is no reason to go to their office.

It may just take a while to go through their two monthly billing cycles..

Stephen's Green is eircoms head office but I don't think you can get refunds there. It is not a public office and as far as I know there are no staff there to deal with the public. There are receptionists on the front desk as well as a security guard but that's it. I doubt they have the authority to pay out refunds to customers.

I am in the process of getting a landline at home and intend to swop over to BT for Broadband.
As far as I know I will be paying BT a set amount for calls and internet a month and will not have to pay the monthly line rentaL charged by Eircom.

Does it not take ages before Eircom are willing to hand out details on account numbers, therefore does it not make more sense to say nothing to Eircom until the OP has is account number in his paw before attempting to go elsewhere?

Back