Browns Barn Wood Dublin - near the Kingswood turn on the Naas Road.

S

SmartPA

Does anyone have any thoughts on this new development? 4 bed family homes, close to the city (blurb from estate agents). Are there are any schools nearby?

How would I find out what was planned for the area?

Re: Browns Barn Wood

Sorry, Dublin. It's in Dublin 22, near the Kingswood turn on the Naas Road. I suspect it might be in the middle of nowhere with no facilities...but they are a good size home and not too far from Dublin city.

I think there's a thread on this already, not sure how to link it but I'm sure if you search it it will come up. To me, it's a lovely area and would love to be able to afford there. And on the Dublin 22/24 thing, I know people living in Citywest that call it Co. Dublin! I'd say Browns Barn is Dublin 22 though.

Its in old Kingswood , which although is right behind Citywest/Brookfield I think could be D22. There is nothing at all in that area ( a scrapyard and garden centre).

Hmmm that's what I suspected. We'll need schools in a couple of years time so it's probably not suitable for a family. Pity because the houses sound gorgeous...but I have to be sensible and not be swayed by a stone counter top and Neff appliances!

Lucan might be another option. Does anyone know the names of any housing estates within walking distance to Lucan Village? I had a drive around there yesterday but couldn't find any. Is that St. Mary's Parish?

Citywest is Co Dublin. Clondalkin is D22, Tallaght is 24 AFAIK

I think this comes up cos (AFAIK) 'Citywest' is actually Saggart. I think they just started referirng to the area as such after the hotel and industrial estate were built.

Hi- Just to put my two cents in - I drive past that development every day on my way to work and it does indeed look really lovely. Think they have a very nice finish and much nicer compared to a lot of new builds I have seen recently. HOWEVER it is in the middle of nowehere- and is just off the naas road. People come flying off that sliproad and I dont think it would be safe for kids..

Kerbs thanks for feedback. I don't think it's suitable for kids either having thought about it for a day or so. I'm not sure I could go through all the hassle of a new estate again having done it twice already. The houses do look amazing though...pity.

I pass there every morning too. They look to be doing a good job on the houses, but I agree there aren't many amenities around (new shopping centre at Citywest coming by the end of the year, but it is a good bit away if you need a pint of milk). And there doesn't look to be much room for a green area and the garden size has to be tiny. They have really packed them in.

Browns Barn is Dublin 22. But if it wasn't, who cares, its a number. If anyone is hung up on D numbers i'm afraid they'll be shortlived. Also, there is a lot more than a scrap yard & garden centre. There are two separate & settled developments along with the one this thread is referring to plus an additional development planned for the area. Let’s not forget that it’s adjacent to Citywest Bus Pk & the Kngswood County Hotel is currently being re-developed. So far from nothing. With regards to schools there are plenty within driving distance, remember it is located close to Rathcoole, Saggart, Tallaght & Clondalkin so take your pick. My advice is to look at www.sdcc.ie to find out more about plans for the area. Some of the comments made in this thread are useless & misinformed.

Back