Brother QL500 Label Printer

BlueSpud

Anyone used one of these, and if so, how do you find it. I am looking for something to print the occasional address label that I can peel off and stick to an envelope. I am talking about 1 label per day. Is there much messing about lining up labels? Is this the gizmo for me?

If you have a standard printer you can buy A4 sheets of sticker and MS Word (and probably others) allow you to select/download a template e.g. for Avery labels etc.

If you have a standard printer you can buy A4 sheets of sticker and MS Word (and probably others) allow you to select/download a template e.g. for Avery labels etc.

I have had problems with these in the past with the labels comming unstuck in the printer. If I want to print one at a time, & there are, say 14 to a sheet, then the sheet will go into the printer 14 times. Also, you have to say which label to print, 8 of them may be gone. I am trying to simplify the process.

I've always been able to do multiple labels in a single go, and you usually have control over which labels on the sheet you use, so if you've used the first 6 you can use the next 6 etc. what sort of printer was it that had the problem with lables coming unstuck? did you use a specific template (ones exist to match the label formats etc), or just a standard word document (or equivalent)?

Back on topic, I hope.

@BlueSpud - Try LIDL for the Dymo LabelWriter 400 @ 99.99 - they still have some left I believe and are brilliant.

... I am looking for something to print the occasional address label that I can peel off and stick to an envelope. I am talking about 1 label per day...
Clearly A4 sheet labels do not meet OP's need.
... Is there much messing about lining up labels? ...
Not with a label printer - the discussion is about " much messing about lining up labels", etc.
... Is this the gizmo for me?
Alternative product, good price, no "messing about lining up labels".

Clearly A4 sheet labels do not meet OP's need.

I meant 18 or 24 labels per A4 sheet (I thought that was clear) - in case not this is what I meant: - not one single label covering the entire sheet.

Not with a label printer - the discussion is about " much messing about lining up labels", etc.

These are foolproof - see my post about selecting which labels to use, so no messing about.

OP, by all means spend the €100, and mathepac I'm glad yours works so well.

what sort of printer was it that had the problem with lables coming unstuck? did you use a specific template (ones exist to match the label formats etc), or just a standard word document (or equivalent)?
I used a HP LaserJet 5, which I still have. It was going around the roller that the labels did not like.

We had a few of these ([broken link removed]) in my previous employer and I used labels fine - maybe the labels you used weren't good quality?

Okay, then, I will try the LJ5 again.

Can anyone recomend decent labels & a template please.

Back