Brooks internal white oak doors

poppy1

hi

i saw white oak pre finished doors in brooks on sale for €75, want to buy them now and store them in parents garage until we are ready to hang them in october. has anybody dealt with brooks in limerick?
also wanted to buy red deal skirting and archtrave and paint it white - has anyone else done this with oak doors?

Thanks

Just a thought for you. I have white oak internal doors and have matching skirting boards and windows sills and they look great. Bought it all from Dublin Doors.
Cheers
jools

I have bought a good bit off them look for Gordon and he'll give you a
good price, he looks after all the doors and flooring.

Don't buy white doors the look really thackey.I have varnished red deal doors in my house and they look the job.

I'm also looking at Brooks oak doors - shaker style. I'm looking at combining these doors with "elite range" oak effect skirting and architraves. Elite also do a door frame to match in mdf oak effect, but I'm a bit worried about using it, so I'd prefer to use a solid oak frame for a bit more structural stability. Problem is when i went back to Brooks (in Waterford) they told me that they wouldn't be getting solid oak frames in until August!!!! I couldn't believe this, but the rep told me this was unfortunately the case.

I'm going to start looking elsewhere, does anyone have any recommendations - the thing is i really like the Brooks doors and was impressed by the oak effect skirting/architraves by elite- nice style and comes pre-finished.

Sorry again, but i should have also stated in my last post that I'm urgently trying to source my doors/skirting etc., trying to get into our new house by June!! Chippie is lined up

mcmahons builders providers also have a sale on - i must ring them and see what prices they have!!

I would'nt advise anyone to buy doors now to store when you are not going to use them until October, they could get marked, or twist or warp. Buy them when you are ready to use them. The same applies to the skirting - we have to have the hot weather yet (still living in hope) and they would be twisted etc if not properly bound (i.e. strapped together) as heat plays havoc with timber.

Back