Broker not returning calls etc

Kiwigirl

I have been in contact with a broker since last January re switching my mortgage to a different lender. Doesn’t reply to calls or text messages if I have a query. Extremely frustrating, not good enough in my opinion

Thanks Brendan, it’s what I’m thinking of doing myself.. again please if someone could recommend a good broker in the Galway/Mayo area I would really appreciate it. Time is going by & im getting nowhere

Do you have to use a broker? If it's a straightforward mortgage switch, why not apply directly?

@Kiwigirl In the thread you started last month, I posted this reply:

In particular, I said:
You need a broker who is efficient, who has access to multiple lenders and who is prepared to apply to more than one lender at the same time (because rates could go up at any time during the process). If your current broker does not meet those requirements, you should consider ditching them

again please if someone could recommend a good broker in the Galway/Mayo area I would really appreciate it
As others said in that thread, the broker does not need to be in your area. Some of the online-only brokers have very good reputations.

And you should apply to AIB as well – they don't work with brokers but their rates have often been amongst the lowest over the last several years.

Harsh reality here. A mortgage broker gets paid by commission on the mortgage you deal down. It's 1% of the balance. So if you've a 200k mortgage, and broker isn't returning calls, they either don't need the money, or they don't hold much hope of being able to get you a mortgage so they won't get paid for the hours they put in.
You need a broker that'll actually communicate with you, and be upfront if there's no hope.

Back