Broker not returning calls etc

Kiwigirl

I have been in contact with a broker since last January re switching my mortgage to a different lender. Doesn’t reply to calls or text messages if I have a query. Extremely frustrating, not good enough in my opinion

Thanks Brendan, it’s what I’m thinking of doing myself.. again please if someone could recommend a good broker in the Galway/Mayo area I would really appreciate it. Time is going by & im getting nowhere

Do you have to use a broker? If it's a straightforward mortgage switch, why not apply directly?

@Kiwigirl In the thread you started last month, I posted this reply:

In particular, I said:

again please if someone could recommend a good broker in the Galway/Mayo area I would really appreciate it
As others said in that thread, the broker does not need to be in your area. Some of the online-only brokers have very good reputations.

And you should apply to AIB as well – they don't work with brokers but their rates have often been amongst the lowest over the last several years.

Harsh reality here. A mortgage broker gets paid by commission on the mortgage you deal down. It's 1% of the balance. So if you've a 200k mortgage, and broker isn't returning calls, they either don't need the money, or they don't hold much hope of being able to get you a mortgage so they won't get paid for the hours they put in.
You need a broker that'll actually communicate with you, and be upfront if there's no hope.