Broker for small investments

anon473

Hi,
I am looking to invest on behalf of my 3 children. We only have a relatively small amount to invest - a few thousand (for each child) with a few hundred arriving from the UK each year for each child, so we just want to buy into a low cost fund add to it once a year and leave it there for 10 years+. This means that we want minimal annual charges and minimal buy in costs, (doesnt everybody!) and also a low minimum buy in threshold (not everybody needs that).
We are also keen on an ethical fund (and we are fully prepared to take the possible/probable hit on the return.

I have identified a fund that seems to meet my criteria (Davy Ethical Equity A Eur - IE00BRJL3T29) but I am not sure of the possible ways of going about buying into it. The main stockbrokers who deal in this fund (I assume Davy do) charge annual maintenance fees that effectively precludes small investments. Degiro have a cost structure that looks good but they dont deal with this fund.

therefore I have 3 questions.
1)......Does anyone have any suggestions about how to buy into this particular fund.
2)......Does anyone have any better ideas for trackers/funds - perhaps a low cost ISEQ tracker (I might be able to sell Irishness to my other half instead of ethical) that I can get via a low cost broker like DeGiro.
3)......Am I going about this the wrong way entirely and should I be looking to do something different.

anon473

For those kinds of amounts, over that kind of timeframe, I would be inclined to stick with State savings products.

Back