broker/agent has moved his business from hibernian to canada life advises me to?

beolight

you guessed he wants me to move to his new agency canada life

sounds suspect i konw but i kinda liked the way he always kept in contact and advised switching funds around now it seems i will lose this if i dont move with him

what are the implications of this for me i keep thinking that the commisionand charges accrued will make a big dent in my pension

is he genuine or just after a fat commision

If he is advising you to cancel your existing plan and take out a new one with Canada Life that is very suspect indeed. You should not do that as you will simply incur upfront charges all over again (and he will just be getting his commission).

If he is simply saying that any new plans he advises on in the future will be Canada Life products then that's a choice for you to make (you should be deciding that for yourself anyway).

Either way, I don't think it's great to be taking advice from someone who can only recommend one company's products. However that is not to say the advice you are getting is not good.

You are happy with the service you are getting.

You don't know if the new advisor from Hibernian Life that will be assigned to you will be equally as good, better or worse that your existing advisor.

You don't know if the terms/charges on the Canda Life pension are the same, worse or better than the existing one.

You are automatically assuming that he is out to screw you.

Why is he changing companies? Are your best interests at heart?

You have to find out the answers to these questions.

If you like the guy and you have a good relationship then you should be able to get straight answers. If he is genuine he should be able to give you written reassurances on any concerns that you may have.

The fool is the person that does not get all the answers so as to enable them to make an informed decision.

Back