Broker Advice- Capital Guarentee

Samurai

Hi,

I'd a meeting with an investment broker today in relation to an investment for € 100,000 . The broker suggested two funds (as i'm looking for a capital guarentee) The Caledonian Life With-profit Bond with a 10 year capital guarentee and the Liberty Asset Mgt Flagship fund with a 6.5 year capital guarentee.....not sure which one.....anyone have views or experience with either....any advice is appreciated !

Thanks

S

What sort of "broker" was this? Authorised advisor, multi-agency intermediary or tied agent? Did s/he do a full fact find/appraisal of your overall personal/financial situation? Did s/he explain the pros and cons of different products and explain why these two specific products were most suitable for your needs? Did you pay them a fee for this advice or are they remunerated through commissions or other charges on those funds?

The broker gave me a sheet with a number of questions on it....then said based on how i'd answered a capital guarentee was indeed the best option. The returns on the Caledonian Bond from what he told me have been good however the Liberty Flagship has a shorter term only 6.5 yrs unlike the 10 on Caledonian.

That was it?!? Did you pay anything for this consultation or how is the intermediary remunerated? If I was you I'd consider trying another advisor who might give you more detailed/comprehensive advice based on the details that you have posted so far.

The broker explained that he would recieve a commission from the investment along with a trailer commission on the growth of the fund. A % of the commission would be reinvested...we havn't agreed a figure yet. Do u know much on the two funds ? Is Liberty a broker or an investment house !

Was this broker an authorised advisor, multi-agency intermediary or a tied agent?

What charges apply on those funds?

Back