Broken ipod

LouisLaLoope

Hi, my old ipod (bought in 2005) has died on me. I just found this web site [broken link removed]. Has anyone had any dealings with them? It looks like I can send off my ipod to them and they'll do a diagnostic thingy on it for free and if I don't like the repair quote, they'll send it back. Am I missing something dodgy?!

Anyway, if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

I replaced a click wheel bought on ebay, it was pretty straight forward. But it was obvious what was wrong with it. total cost €15. But as the site says still better than buying another new one...

S.

Thanks, Suzie, but I think mine is a good deal sicker than that! It's little hard drive is making odd whirling noises and then it just shuts itself off, like it can't take it any more. Bless...

Anyway, I might give that crowd a shout. It can't do any harm, anyway. The machine is only good for the bin now!

Thanks, Rockbottom. I sent off my baby on Monday so hopefully I'll hear something in the next few days or so.

Did you lose all your music?

Highflier - the ipod was totally dead. I tried that resetting thing but it didn't work. Thanks, though.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I sent of the ipod to [broken link removed] on Monday and received it back today in full working order. I'm very impressed with their service. Apparently it was a loose connection to the hard drive (whatever THAT means) and it cost €35 inc. postage. I'd highly recommend them.

Back