Broke student - Any advice on pawn shops, flogging goods etc

In light of the fact that the OP has been receiving enough finger wagging in previous posts, we all buy things we never wear!!

Oops! I didn't know about the other posts. Hard to believe that someone who was on the breadline a few months back is now planning a holiday to Australia and another to the USA.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=149181

Maybe she might come back and tell us how she got in with the pawn shops?

Purchasing dresses and never wearing them and purchasing jewellery and not wearing it is very frivolous indeed.

I cannot imagine a pawn shop paying you anywhere near what you originally paid for them.
Have you thought have having a wine evening or similar in your house where people might purchase your items. Others could also bring along some items for the same reason.

Sorry but half these were gifts and some are too big on me as I lost a lot of weight.

Have you tried Adverts.ie ? Maybe try selling a few of the clothes there or even sell as a whole joblot ?

I would respectfully suggest you might have a talent for fiction and a particular strenght in the fantasy area judging from some of your recent posts.

A bit unfair I would think.

You may be interested in Irishopinions.ie

You register and get emailed surveys. They explain how long the survey is and how much they will award you with for completing it (often 10 mins for €1 or 15mins for €2) when you achieve €10 they post you a voucher for that amount.

I often recieve €10 vouchers for tescos and i find that when you are stuck at the end of the month they are extremely handy.

I use this site but other than that have no affiliation

Last edited:
If you can take someone seriously that is in the same period looking for advice on Pawn Shops and long haul trips to celebrate birthdays carry on.

If you can take someone seriously that is in the same period looking for advice on Pawn Shops and long haul trips to celebrate birthdays carry on.

I can see your point on this, but to be fair to the girl i know how it is to pay off debt and doing it for so long that you feel you need to reward yourself.

Its not the right way to do it, but we are all human and all make mistakes

Mr Bear is on the brink of loosing his job, and we will be surviving on one income with a hefty mortgage!!! We are planning to go on a nice holiday, now hears the thing we are planning! We will not take out a loan, and we wont be dipping into emergency funds! We are ok in that we have no other debt. So we are looking at finances and trimming back on everything!!!
After what we have been through, I think it is important not to take life too seriously. Based on the OPS post, she has not committed to going on these trips - she is assessing finances and trying to come up with ways to make these trips happen.

Its important to have something to look forward to..
P..

Back