Broadford, Ballinteer

S

simplethings

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on the Broadford area in Ballinteer, I'm looking at property there.

Would especially appreciate if any residents of the area seeing this post can share their thoughts.

Are you happy with the area?

Is there any antisocial behaviour you have observed?

Is there a creche nearby?

Which hospital covers the Broadford/Ballinteer area?

Would you know how long does the nr. 14 bus take to get to the city center in the mornings on a weekday?

Anything else you would like to share?

Cheers,
simplethings

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

yeah my wife and I bought a house in that estate last year and we are very happy.

number 14 takes a while to get into town at peak times (there are loads of schools that way - so anything between 35 and 60 mins, it also depends if you get off at camden street or go all the way to o'connell st), any other time is much quicker.

the luas is you best option to get into town (15 mins walk and you are in ballaly, 10 more mins and you are in stephens green)

we also have the aircoach that goes to the airport every hour and costs 9 eur per person

we dont have any kids so dont know anything about a creche. However there are a handful of well established schools in the area, so that is always a good point.

Superquinn around the corner is a great shop although a bit dear.

The pubs (ballinteer house and the coach house) are alright. The eden is quite nice, although a bit of a trek from the estate.

Also marlay park and the mountains are a handy thing if you like the outdoors.

There is a pool and a gym next to the school at the bottom of the estate. I havent used it myself but I heard is good.

No problems are at all with antisocial behaviour, and all the neighbors have been very welcoming and there seems to be a good community spirit.

Hope that helps

dublin buyer, thanks very much the excellent information.

We don't yet have kids as well, but were thinking ahead when we asked about the creche.

Regards,
simplethings

dublin buyer,

would you know if the recent flooding affected houses in the Broadford area?

Cheers,
simple things

Hi,

no all the houses in the estate were ok as far as I know.

The flooding happened more towards Balally and the shopping center.

Back