Broadband in my Area ?. Rush (Co Dublin)

?guy

Hello,

Wondering if someone can help me, i need to get broadband into my home. The problem is I don't have a phone line, and there has never being a phone line installed in the house, and i really don't want to fork out 123 euros to that shower in eircom.

Does anyone know of any wireless broadband services, I'm not to bothered about speeds or down-load limits as i wont be using it that much (but need Broadband for its high-speeds, for VOIP - Skype).
I've looked at a few on the web but most of them have very expensive installation cost, more expensive than the fee eircom are looking for to install a phone line !!.

I'm living in Rush (Co Dublin)

Any help or advise is appreciated, Thanks

Hi Clubman, thanks for the response,

I had done a number of searches and tralled through the IT & broadband section on AAM and I had found the post you put into your response, but none of wireless service providers listed on either AAM or on Irish Gov Broadband site have a wireless service operating in Rush.

I posted my question hoping that someone might have some additional info which had not being listed all ready.

Thanks again.

?guy said:
but none of wireless service providers listed on either AAM or on Irish Gov Broadband site have a wireless service operating in Rush.
Don't DigiWeb (and others?) provide satellite broadband countrywide?

I spoke to Digiweb a few days ago and its over 1000 for the equipment and installation of sat service, They mentioned that Sat service is aimed at small business rather than a home user.

I was looking into wireless broadband in Lusk and couldn't find anyone who covered the area. I suspect the same may well apply to you. That was well over a year ago, so things may have changed.

I was looking into wireless broadband in Lusk and couldn't find anyone who covered the area. I suspect the same may well apply to you. That was well over a year ago, so things may have changed.

I've had broadband in Lusk since April, through Cinergi, who are a reseller of UTV broadband, with a BT wireless access point.
I've found them very reliable. Its 1Mb bandwidth for 14.99 p.m. There IS a limit of 5 or 10Gb per month, but as I only use it for working from home or light internet use (not downloading music/films), then its perfect.

You can get wireless broadband in Rush but it depends on where you live. Digiweb have a mast in donabate that certain areas in Rush can connect to.

What part of Rush are you in?

Back